About Token Naturals
Token Naturals is an Edmonton-based independent cannabis company, creating products for companies and consumers. With a Standard Processing licence from Health Canada, Token’s central Edmonton facility focuses on extract and derivative products. We serve B2B clients with white label and contract manufacturing, and have our own consumer lines in the cannabis beverage space.
Our company is powered by people. We take a values-forward approach and our community spirit is high. Ours is a startup environment, which means that we each often wear many hats to meet the company goals; the job will not be siloed nor rigid. We offer a flexible, remote-heavy work environment and a fun and friendly team compiled of individuals from all backgrounds and demographics. We’re proud to be an organization that champions diversity. Token is minority-led and majority owned by shareholders who identify as visible minorities and/or women.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The Communications Manager will support the Marketing & Communications team to execute on varied stakeholder engagement goals. The role will report into the VP, Communications and will work alongside and in close collaboration with the Marketing Manager. The person best suited to this role has experience as a communications generalist or has experience in multiple verticals within the communications and marketing worlds.
Qualified candidates for our team must be flexible, have strong multi-tasking, organizational and problem-solving skills, detail oriented, work well in a team atmosphere, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. They must be skilled at working independently, and able to create and manage their own schedules.
This role will be overseen by the VP Communications and will have the option to work from home or from our offices in central Edmonton (contingent on COVID guidelines). This is a full-time position that offers the opportunity for flexible working hours within a results-driven framework. The role also offers the opportunity for remote work when not in conflict with initiatives. Candidates living in Edmonton will have preference, however candidates within Alberta that have frequent access to Edmonton will also be considered.
- Support media relations: creation of media lists; research into industry coverage; tracking of company coverage
- Draft media releases, media kits, key message documents and more
- Media monitoring for company mentions or overall brand sentiment
- Supervise Edmonton-based interviews
- Create website blog posts, which may warrant background research, interviews with stakeholders, or external community
- Create and execute strategy for news section
- Draft monthly investor updates
- Prepare content for investor annual review
Events (virtual until further notice)
- Coordinate and execute events participation, including vendor management and day of execution
- Collect content at events
- Take part in community outreach events
- Support on third-party event sponsorship opportunities
- Coordinate team volunteer opportunities
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager on social media strategy for event promotions
- Support the team in developing the company’s communication strategy, content strategy and marketing strategy
- Support on grant writing
- Execute or supervise on-site content capture as needed (photography, videography, live feeds, etc.)
- 5+ years experience in communications and/or marketing roles (or equivalent)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience crafting brand stories
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience planning and running events
- An understanding of the media landscape in Canada
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative and work well in teams or individually
- Ability to think critically and multitask
- Outstanding organizational skills, with keen attention to detail
- Comfortable on social media platforms
- Experience in communications and/or marketing in the consumer packaged goods space
- Working knowledge/experience in the cannabis industry
- Experience in-store marketing will be considered a major plus
- Excellence in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Photography and videography skills
Please send resume applications to email@example.com.